POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : media-fog bug? : Re: media-fog bug? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media-fog bug?
From: Tek
Date: 20 Feb 2006 13:02:02
Message: <43fa041a$1@news.povray.org>
Actually that's different to my problem, my media container is invisible but
the smoke media from my volcano gets more fogged than the top of the volcano
does at the same distance.

I've managed to work round the problem by an extremely elaborate means:

First, I tried using a global media instead of the fog, but that did exactly
the same thing. So then I replaced it with a huge box of media in front of
the camera, differenced with the smoke-media's container. And I added a copy
of the air-media to the inside of the smoke media's container. All of this
meant that pov finally got the message and gave me the result I was after,
though it's a ludicrously elaborate work-round.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com